Submission of Abstracts
- A 100-150 word abstract on a suitable topic (see the BFPA web –site for suggestions) should be submitted online to the Events Manager at the British Fluid Power Association by February 9th (firstname.lastname@example.org) This will be reviewed by experts and acceptance confirmed by the end of February.
- The abstract should include the full title and the details of the author/ co-authors (if any) together with their contact details. The lead author/speaker should be indicated.
- The abstracts will appear in the conference programme.
Submission of Papers/Presentations
- A first draft of the paper or presentation should be submitted by April 30th to the Events Manager at the BFPA and authors should be notified of any problems by the end of April.
- If a revision is required , the revised version should be supplied by June 1st and the final version made available by June 21st 2018
- Authors may offer their submission either as a full paper or a PowerPoint presentation in pdf format.
- The paper should be written using Word. A document length of 6-8 pages is appropriate but Powerpoint presentations may be up to double this length. Please follow the guidelines on link provided click here.
- Along with the final version, the speaker is requested to supply a short biopic for use by the Session Chairman.
- In offering the paper/presentation the author(s) is (are) confirming that the contents have not previously been published in the current form and that they are able to indemnify the BFPA against any copyright claims or other rights of third parties.
- Commercialism and the use of trade names in the papers etc. are to be avoided.
- It is hoped that the BFPA will later publish the collection of papers and presentations.
- The Conference will be held in the Chancellor’s Building, Room 2.6 at the University of Bath
- Each presentation should take about 20 minutes with a further 10 minutes for questions.
- Each speaker should bring their presentation slides on a USB stick clearly marked with the author’s name and hand it to the Events Manager before each Session.
- Distributing sales or technical literature at the Presentations is not permitted but speakers may leave literature at the entrance to the seminar theatre for collection by delegates.
- Registration for authors/speakers will be on-line and/or advance only. Registrants will pick up badges and conference information at the Information desk outside the Conference room from 9am on Monday 10th September.
- Speakers will be able to attend the conference at the reduced BFPA members rate and this will include the conference evening dinner but they will be required to arrange their own accommodation. Details of the hotel accommodation being arranged by the BFPA is available on the Registration page of this website.